Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Project Value: $3,420,000.00
Owner: City of Hamilton
Bronte Construction was hired by the City of Hamilton to complete a series of repairs to the Sherman Access in the summer of 2017.
This was a large-scale project on a major thoroughfare through the City of Hamilton.
Project considerations included: embankment erosion, roadway erosion, escarpment erosion, loose rock and rock slide rubble, retaining wall extensions, and rehabilitation of existing stairs.
Scope of Work
- 605 metres of retaining wall construction
- 10,000 square metres of road resurfacing
- Installation of 29 street lighting poles
- Reinstallation of arms and fixtures
- Guide rail replacement
- Pavement markings
- Remediation of concrete piers of Wentworth Stairs
- Clearing and grubbing
- Tree removal
- Traffic control
- Removal and replacement of asphalt
- Site restoration